Did you know 12/31 is officially known as Make Up Your Mind Day? Well, this day is for all those who may need a little push.
Are You Indecisive?
According to the Days of the Year website, to all the undecided people out there, this is the one day when the choice has to be made.
No excuses, no procrastination, no ands, ifs or buts—this day is your chance to stop putting things off for fear of responsibility and get things done.
What a better day to do this than New Year’s Eve when you’re standing on the brink of a whole New Year and perhaps wondering what you could do to make it your own?
While it may seem a little scary at first, especially to those unaccustomed to being decisive, the ultimate goal is to take control of your life by making a decision and sticking with it.
It’s celebrated by being brave and taking chances, and by learning something new about yourself along the way.
Celebrating the Day
The best way to celebrate this holiday is to make a firm decision to make firm decisions from now forward. Want more ideas?
- Decrease caffeine intake.
- Stop hitting the “snooze” button!
- Clean up the clutter in your bedroom.
- Make the most of your vacation and downtime.
- Get active!
- Improve your diet.
- Focus on family.
- Spend more time outdoors.
- Try a new sport or exercise.
- Turn off the TV before bed.
- Commit to a bedtime routine.
- Get up one hour earlier.
- Love yourself.
- Have more productive, structured mornings.
- Make more “you” time.
- Smile more!
- Stop procrastinating and start being proactive!
- Start a sleep journal.
- Switch to herbal tea instead of coffee.
- Drink more water.
- Cut out sugar.
- Spend less time on your phone.
- Give back to your community.
- Read before bed.
- Complain less and appreciate more!
Taking Control of Your Sleep Apnea
One way to celebrate the day is to take control of your sleep health. Do you have sleep apnea or think you may have the disorder?